Grid Solutions - Regional Sales Manager
Grid Solutions is a division of Franklin Electric that specializes in advanced remote monitoring solutions for high voltagecircuit breakers in substations, load tap changers found on large power transformers, distribution transformers, overhead and underground distribution lines, and other hard-to-reach assets.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing sales strategies within the region to achieve profitability. Oversees territory sales through active management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages the assigned sales staff's selling capabilities within an assigned geographic region. Monitors and maintains sales goals.
- Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
- Contracts with independent representatives to achieve sales goals, as necessary.
- Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers to meet customer needs.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
- Maintains and grows existing customer accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customer segments.
- Develops relationships with and completes sales with assigned regional and national customer bases. Converts non-customers into customers.
- Maintains contact with existing regional and national decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric.
- Coordinates and attends regional tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
- Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
- Inputs contacts into the CRM software to track progress.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, business management, marketing, engineeringtechnology, or a related field (required).
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in sales, product management, or a related field (required). Must have experience working directly with major utilities and OEMS in the industry.
- Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, CRM.