Environmental Health Safety And Sustainability Director, Bridgestone Retail Operations
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO) operates the largest network of company-owned automotive service providers in the world — more than 2,200 tire and vehicle service centers across the United States. BSRO is a member of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.
The Environmental Heath, Safety, and Sustainability Director (EHSS) is responsible for ensuring that the Retail Business Unit has effective policies, procedures, plans, systems, business practices, standards and controls in place to identify, assess, monitor and manage EHSS risks and opportunities of existing and planned operations and to comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
The EHSS Director is responsible for ensuring those policies and standards are aligned with Bridgestone Americas, communicated and institutionalized throughout the Business Unit, and for monitoring the Business Unit’s compliance with those policies and standards.
This individual will manage 7 Regional EHS Professionals and provides strategic direction and leadership for safety, health and environmental risk mitigation planning, implementation, and progress monitoring.
- Administer comprehensive OSHA and EPA Compliance Programs through Management Leadership & Teammate Involvement, Worksite Analysis, Hazard Prevention and Control, and Environmental Health and Safety Training
- Drive the operational implementation of EHSS strategies and initiatives in a way that builds a Company-wide culture of compliance, performance and reputation
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the business unit’s EHSS function, including budget matters, supervision of teammates that report to this position, and internal /external communication
- Design and execute, working with Human Resources, Operations and others as appropriate, education, training and awareness programs for teammates whose functions or responsibilities involve compliance with EHSS policies, laws or standards of conduct and ensures that all required training (OSHA, EPA, etc.) is completed
- Maintain an effective system for identifying, reporting, investigating, tracking, and trending incidents and taking action to ensure appropriate countermeasures are implemented
- Attend relevant industry conferences and professional meetings to maintain professional competencies and benchmark Company performance versus others; identify innovations and best practices and approaches and develop them to fit the Company.
- Validates on-site field audits to evaluate retail locations and provides continuous feedback for improvement
- Serve as EHSS Subject Matter Expert and coach others throughout Retail Operations
- Direct EHSS emergency response activities
- Provides guidance on regulatory/legislative matters (OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, EPA) and oversee government compliance inspections and activities.
- Develop written programs, procedures and policies to ensure compliance
- Promote and support the Business Unit’s Line-Driven Safety Process
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene or equivalent plus 10 years environmental, safety and health experience or; Masters' in Engineering, Safety or Industrial Hygiene plus 7 years experience.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to manage and develop a team of professionals and work collaboratively across the enterprise to drive EHSS strategic initiatives
- Leadership experience coordinating organization-wide EHS efforts and managing a professional team providing site-level EHS support for multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability in developing strategic approach for business operations to reduce environmental risk and injury and create a superior safety, health and environmental performance culture and effective safety, health and environmental practices.
Requisition ID: 2017-119684.