Director, Relationship Management
Director, Relationship Management
With limited supervision by executive and senior division leadership, this position provides direction, oversight and execution of established strategic and tactical plans, goals and operations for a designated group of accounts in Client Services. This role develops and manages the direction of client relationships in the designated group of accounts throughout the account lifecycle, including providing effective tactical client support and addressing key issues to positively impact client satisfaction and retention and also by providing leadership and direction for a team of Client Services professionals with responsibility for attending to all aspects of the customer relationship at the employer level.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
1. Assists the VP, Client Services in establishing goals and objectives and for defining strategic/tactical plans that ensure attainment of WageWorks’ client relationship, satisfaction, and retention and revenue targets.
2. Reviews and analyzes reports of activity, customer surveys and business to evaluate performance of the assigned group of accounts and team. Designs and implements cost reductions and program improvements where appropriate. Modifies strategies, the organization of resources and business plans where necessary.
3. Manages and oversees the activities of the assigned Client Services team, which includes but is not limited to hiring and assigning employees; coaching, training and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making salary, merit or other pay increase recommendations. Ensures staff receives proper training on products, systems and services. This position may also make recommendations and/or take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate.
4. Builds and maintains relationships with decision makers in client companies to develop a deep understanding of client business objectives, challenges, opportunities and needs. Assesses clients’ ongoing needs by conducting periodic strategic reviews, uncovers areas for additional revenue growth, and helps them to make informed decisions regarding WageWorks’ offerings. Manages evolving client expectations, needs and priorities, and collaborates with client services, service delivery, sales and information technology teams to ensure effective integration with consulting and service delivery capabilities and priorities.
5. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of Company products, services and other aspects on which this position provides service to the client, as well as applicable laws and regulations affecting client installations.
Experience performing consulting, client service, account management, customer service or call center experience in a client support environment is required. The ability and skill to effectively service clients of multiple sizes and complexity, as obtained through at least 7 - 10 years of account management experience in a related field or environment is required.
Significant and proven successful experience leading and directing high performing client relationship teams, including coaching, training, guiding, developing, and managing performance is essential.
The ability to foster strong relationships with Clients and internal WageWorks’ departments is required.
Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. Incumbents must have the ability to navigate political arenas with ease as well as persuade, influence and sell change effectively while projecting a professional image. Requires self-confidence and the ability to work independently. Ability to interact effectively with clients, sales team members, operations, customer service and otherinternal departments as described is required.
Requires excellent data gathering and analysis skills, utilizing reports, spreadsheets, web-based applications, and other software tools. The ability to assess and resolve simple to complex issues related to products, service delivery or payroll issues is essential.
A proficient knowledge and understanding of business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration is strongly preferred.