CulinArt Group operates over 250 onsite corporate, higher education, private school, healthcare and destination recreation/leisure dining facilities in 18 states, including cafés, coffee bars, concessions, executive dining, catering and conference dining, social catering/special events, office coffee service and vending. CulinArt’s extremelydiverse client portfolio affords great opportunities for career advancement within the company, across multiple industry segments and geographic regions.
The Director of Finance is a results oriented finance role that reports functionally to the Divisional Vice President of Finance and operationally to sector Senior Vice President. The role requires strong communication skills in order to present financial data of operations to senior management across the division and to clients. The position will work closely with Operations to improve profitability, cash-flow, with focus on loss prevention. This position will have 1 analyst reporting into the position.
The Director of Finance will be based on the Culinart Division, $300MM+ in revenue.
- Create and analyzes monthly Management Reporting, New Rebid and Lost Business Reporting, weekly Business Owners Reports, and AD Hoc requests as assigned.
- Responsible for the management of client audits.
- Assist in the preparation of statistical studies and economic forecasts of business conditions and trends and draws relevant conclusions.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Provides training and direction to operating units and to operating management on matters involving reporting, Compass processes and efficiencies, client returns and PBO goals.
- Lead significant cost containment and time saving initiatives. Working as the CulinArt liaison with Charlotte project teams, FoodBuy and FSS.
- Work extensively with the CulinArt new business team, developing strategy and financials to win competitive bids, while remaining within Compass guidelines and approvals.
- Support the optimization of free cash flow through:
- Effective management of accounts receivables.
- Efficient utilization of capital investment.
- Tight control of inventory balances and product ordering.
- Timely cash management, including daily banking of cash deposits and batching of credit card and cash transactions.
- Support driving robust loss prevention controls and ensuring the transparency and integrity of financialreporting.
- Utilization of data from My Finance, SAP and various corporate reporting to support raising the awareness of various deficiencies in the area of loss prevention.
- Support the transition of new business within the Division including compliance and follow up with Get It Right the First Time (GIRTFT.)
- Direct, hands-on approach in the financial training and development of operational management including but not limited to:
- End-to-end Compass accounting processes and procedures
- Weekly Owners Reporting
- Weekly SAP extract
- Monthly prelims and reconciliation
- Balance Sheet items including Accounts Receivable, Credit Cards, Inventory
- Support the development of marketing intelligence and analytics.
- Support the implementation and training of various corporate initiatives including but not limited to MyFinance, STAFF, Trim Trax, Value Plan, MyReports, etc.
- Act as financial advisor and business partner to RVPs, DGMs, and Unit Managers.
- Attend Divisional and Regional meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA candidate strongly preferred.
- 8+ years experience in finance environment, including reporting & analysis.
- Experience in hospitality field strongly preferred.
- Must be highly proficient with the use of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including travel when necessary.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to interact positively and effectively within a variety of levels in the organization as well as with customers and clients.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Job ID: WS10171782269