Are you a financial/accounting professional who has financial management experience in a hospice agency, hospital, home health, or long term care organization?
Are you a Finance/Accounting professional who has experienceworking with a Medicare intermediary? Are you a financial/accounting professional with either an MBA or CPA? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client has been providing services to the Fort Wayne, IN community for over 125 years. In 1998 our client refocused its mission to exclusively provide end of life care. Our client is a private non profit stand-alone agency with an $11 million budget, balance sheet of $20 million, and a very strong financial position. Our client, over the years has expanded its reach geographically and currently provides hospice care and palliative care in nine counties in NE Indiana.
As Director of Financial Operations you will be responsible for assisting the Chief Executive Officer in the overall management and reporting of all fiscal related information of the agency staff, services, and operations with three direct reports.
The Director of Financial Operations will oversee all fiscal assets of the agency, effectively managing and streamlining administrative and financial systems including budgeting, cash flow, billing, accounting and supervising the preparation of financial statements and reports.
The Director of Financial Operations will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support agency growth.
- Serve as a member of the agency Executive Team and Senior Management Team. Attend Board of Director meetings, Financial Oversight Committee meetings, Strategic Directions Committee meetings and Foundation meetings. Participate in and/or facilitate other agency committees and meetings as identified.
- Oversee, develop, submit, implement, monitor, and revise the agency budgets and otherfinancial/fiscal reports as required by the agency, governing body and funders.
- Develop requiredreports regarding the current and projected financial statues of the agency for the CEO, Financial Oversight Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement financial/accounting policies, processes, and internal controls to increase staff efficiency and effectiveness as well as protect the agency's assets.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and yearly financial statements.
- Complete analysis of financial results and develop recommendations for Senior Management Team, Executive Team, and Board of Directors.
- Oversee accounting processes and the development and implementation other accounting policies/procedures as needed. Oversee all general ledger entries: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Bachelor's degree In accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum five to seven (5-7) years of demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in hospice or in another healthcare sector
- A thorough understanding of accounting principles, standards and practices
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting, audit, compliance, all accounting responsibilities and supervision
- Solid experienceworking with a Medicare intermediary
- Ability to see the big picture and oversee the financial operation, but must also be willing to be very hands-on and get "into the weeds" when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer literate and technologically savvy
- Being detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work Independently with minimum supervision, as well as within a team environment and with all levels of staff and clients
Our client is seeking local/commutable candidates as there is no relocation offered.