The pharmaceutical care practitioner will provide medication therapy management services to patients face-to-face and/or via the telephone for MMS. The practitioner will be expected to talk with and provide care to patients and other health care providers using the standards of pharmaceutical care practice. Documentation in the Assurance and Nexus software systems of all patient care is expected. The pharmaceutical care practitioner will work closely with the patient to answer questions, identify drug therapy problems, resolve active problems and produce positive clinical and economic outcomes for the patient. In addition the practitioner will communicate with prescribers and other health care professionals, when needed, to deliver optimal drug therapy to patients.
- Communicate well face-to-face and via the telephone
- Provide quality patient-centered care that will meet all of a patient’s drug related needs
- Document the care that is provided, in a comprehensive manner
- Build and maintain relationships with patients, prescribers and clients
- Communicate care plans formally and informally with patients and prescribers
- Attend designated Care Center, staff meetings, and otherevents, as required
- Performs other projects, work, and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our patients and clients.
- PharmD degree
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Pharmacist with active licensure in good standing. Florida licensure preferred
- Experience providing medication management services is preferred
- Direct patient careexperience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the details that need to occur; global knowledge of health care industry
- Understanding the Pharmaceutical Care philosophy of practice
- Completing an assessment of an individual patient
- Identifying drug therapy problems, proposing clinically sound resolutions
- Conducting a follow up assessment, as appropriate
- Reflection upon individual professional abilities and personal strengths and weaknesses in providing patient care with an emphasis on continued professional and clinical growth
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Assurance SystemTM proficiency
- Nexus System proficiency
- Ability to work individually, as well on a team
- Working environment is an office, including sitting, standing, fluorescent lighting, computer work, and other office conditions/functions.
- Minimal travel, as required.