As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP ARIBA Business Network is the largest global trading network with over $1 trillion in commerce transactions among more than 2 million connected companies. Already today, 63% of the world’s transaction revenues touch an SAP system. By connecting many of those enterprises and their ecosystem of partners, suppliers and customers to the business network which is open, comprehensive and intelligent, SAP is aiming to become a leader in the fast-growing segment of cloud-based business networks where companies connect and collaborate, buy and sell across the globe in new ways enabled by powerful cloud solutions.
Our Cloud Health team is seeking a senior architect to transform our Ariba Cloud infrasctructure.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 15 plus years of in-depth experience in applications and operating business critical hosting operations
- Experience with core computer networking technologies including: TCP/IP, load balancing principals, firewalls, Linux operating system and Containers.
- Demonstrated experience in:
o Planning and implementing critical infrastructure changes and cutovers
o Leading to resolution critical faults that are difficult to isolate
o Designing and implementing highly available system architectures
o Designing, and implementation of IaaS & PaaS solutions and/or Application modernization, migration and development on PaaS platforms.
o Developing deployment architecture based on open standards e.g., Docker, SaltStack, or Puppet etc.
- Strong experience in software development, including languages, and frameworks such as Java, Perl, Groovy, RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop.
- Desirable experience with PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, or similar.
- Understanding of Microservices and 12 factors cloud design principles
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Scope projects and assign priorities for cloud applications infrastructure
- Drive critical infrastructure deployments and changes
- Hone disaster recovery strategy and execute planned switchovers between sites
- Provide an interface between Infrastructure Operations, Application and IT teams
- Assess new technologies and drive decisions on what technology is used to satisfy requirements
- Drive efforts to design next gen deployment and monitoring architecture