TTS ChannelsTechnology is the organizationresponsible for the entire suite ofclient facing systems withinTrade and Treasury Services.Responsible for the development and maintenance ofinternet systems such as CitiDirect BE, theTrade and Treasury Services flagship global platform that provides access to a broad range of cash management andtrade services via theInternet, and CitiConnect providing API, Messaging and File services to corporate treasuryclients.Users leverage these platforms primarily for cash management andtrade services that are available in over 90 countries, 135+ currencies, and 24languages, allowingclients to gain great control over their cash positions by providing easy access to accounts and real-time information. Channels deliversbanking services via multiplechannels, desktop,mobile devices, apis for system to system interactions as well as file and message based flows.As an Architect, the candidate will beresponsible for defining ourinternet portal strategy, focus on digitization,digitalsecurity, andbig data interfaces. This candidate will be preparing our mission-critical applications for the next 5-10years, while establishing the foundation for cloud and platform as a service and further preparing us to be 24x7.PrimaryResponsibilities:
- Provide technical direction, insight and creative ideas across the TTS Channels Technology governance portfolio of applications.
- Identify innovative technologies that bring value to present and future business challenges and work with the teams to integrate these into existing solutions in a cost effective manner.
- Participate in the design, review and implementation of complex applications and solutions, using cutting edge or disruptive technologies.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and provide technical purchase recommendations on software products and libraries we use to develop the next generation of products.
- Collaborate with multiple external architecture and engineering organizations.
- Provide strategic direction and solution approval for initiatives, programs, and projects within the portfolio.
- Identify and help evangelize strong Engineering practices across the portfolio and work across TTS to help improve the overall level of consistency of software delivery.
- Participate in the architecture review boards to ensure that all best practices are followed and identify opportunities to enhance those in place.
- Experience designing solutions that are based on implementing API based interfaces, micro services and Cloud based environments.
- Background working on projects utilizing common development tools and technologies (.NET, Java, Spring, Rest, XSLT, HDFS, etc).
- Prior hands on development experience.
- Must possess excellent software design and documentation skills.
- Prior project management experience desirable to run and manage small teams working on proof of concepts.
- Prior experience in an iterative development environment.
Interpersonal & Leadership Competencies:
- Creative personality who has the ability to identify multiple solutions and help facilitate leading teams to arrive at practical solutions that can be implemented in phases which provide business value along the way.
- Works well and respects other disciplines of the project teams.
- Strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Ability to recognize and manage risk appropriately.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Commanding written and verbal communication skills to communicate with multiple levels of management and mediate solutions between teams.
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables at once and appropriately managing ones time.
- Must be self-paced / self-driven in order to operate and function independently.
- 4 years’ experience as an application architect.
- 12years total experience in technology.
- Experience on enterprise or customer facing systems a plus.
- May possess experience managing financial data management in a global banking/financial environment.
- A Bachelor of Science or Arts in an engineering or computer science field preferred.
- Job ID: 17034603