Esterline Technologies Corporation
Molding Supervisor, Esterline Control Systems
EEOC Class: Professionals
Type: Full time
Are you a change agent in lean manufacturing? Do you direct, control and lead the production in a Molding Dept? Are you responsible for meeting Schedule, Quality & Cost Targets? Do you drive metrics and improvements.?
Working in conjunction with the Tooling Dept. & other Fabrication Departments to ensure smooth & continuous workflow, we'd also like you to make recommendations to top management for the purchase of new equipment as well as repairs & upgrade of existing equipment.
We're in need of someone with a proven background in the Molding Process of Tooling Operations for this rewarding opportunity. Strong leadership skills and knowledge of Molding Equipment, Materials and Tooling Fabrication will aid in your successful transition to our team in Sylmar, CA.
Ideally you will have previous Supervisory or Managerial experience and a consistent record of continuous improvement in meeting production schedules, quality and cost targets. You will also have displayed your deep knowledge of lean manufacturing principles & their implementation.
A few other ways you'll make an impact include:
- Make recommendations for the design & operation of new tooling.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Directs and performs Continuous Improvement projects Implements metric systems to monitor production efficiencies and takes corrective actions to minimize in-efficiencies
- Works with Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to make process improvements, develop process controls, and maintain time standards and quality inspection requirements updated
- Train and develop those on your team on systems and procedures to promote employee engagement
What you offer:
Strong knowledge of molding processes, equipment and tooling
- Familiarization with Hour by Hour production boards
- Blue Print reading skills 5 years minimum of experience and/or exposure to Lean Environment
- High level capability to trouble shoot problems and recommend solutions
- Detailed experience conducting Performance Evaluations and establishing team goals
- College or technical training or equivalent in experience.
- 5-6 years experience in Molding, Tooling and Fabrication environment.