The purpose of the Sales Account Manager is to sell Nexeo offerings and solutions to current and prospective customers. The role is accountable for achieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets within a defined territory by growing Nexeo share within existing customers through the sale of product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a business-to-business selling environment. The role focuses on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven with dedication to achieving team goals will be critical to success of our overall business.
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Chemical Engineeringrequired..
• 5 to 7+ years of chemical sales or technical service is required.
• Specialty chemicalsalesexperience with resins, pigments, additives, etc. is preferred.
• Technical service and sales experience in coatings, urethanes, adhesives (CASE) is required.
• Previous experience in formulations with paint, urethanes and coatings is highly preferred.
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
• Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.