Advanced Discovery is growing rapidly both organically and via acquisition; as a result, we have more systems and a growing requirement for automation. The Application Development team has a need for an Experienced Test/QA Engineer well versed in the Agile scrum process and familiar with C# & Microsoft.Net, Visual Studio Team Services. As a Software Engineer at Advanced Discovery you will leverage your knowledge of Microsoft.NET and SQL, be given huge flexibility to explore new technologies and get involved with patentable development at a market-leading provider of eDiscovery, forensics, and information governance services.
The key areas of responsibility will include:
- Working collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in-process testing results,
- Works directly with appropriate stakeholders and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects,
- Strong communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary,
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load/performance and system testing,
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing.
- Establishes the purpose and deliverables of the test effort.
- Design and implement test plans/cases
- Develop automated testing scripts for complex environments
- Manage defects and proactively identify risks to management
- Able to work independently and in team environments.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering disciple and/or experience in C# or other Object Orientated languages
- Experience with test automation
- Coursework and/or experience in database principles, such as SQL or ElasticSearch,
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and processes
- Self-starter who can grasp concepts quickly