Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building innovative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising sales among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 78 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Inc. sites.
Expedia’s Media Solutions team is looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial, and creative Sr. Manager, Product Management to help us grow our onsite media business globally by delighting customers with innovative advertising solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Media Product Development, you will be responsible for helping oversee a team that owns strategy, roadmaps, development and design of Expedia, Inc.’s global media product portfolio.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a data forward approach to product and business development, strong communication skills, and an unerring sense of how to balance multiple challenging priorities under tight deadlines. You will work closely with Engineering, other Product Teams, Analytics, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Finance to ensure that the team executes on its mission to deliver the right ad to the right travel shopper at the right time. You are a strong leader who can drive successes with current media products and identify compelling new opportunities to drive business results. You will need to be capable of providing guidance, feedback and direction to an energetic team of product managers.
The position requires working closely with partners across various lines of business and all brands within Expedia to build new and improve existing advertising products. As a result, you will be a practiced negotiator and a creative problem solver capable of building consensus across a large global organization. Ideally you’re also a confident presenter and comfortable representing the media business to all internal and external partners.
- Partner with sales, finance, operations and line of business owners to support and grow media revenues from our existing portfolio of products and placements
- Identify new opportunities and work with partners to come up with creative and mutually beneficial solutions to business problems
- Balance advertiser requirements and consumer experience to build premier ecommerce travel advertising products.
- Actively provide sales with product support required to win new business and know how to turnsales requests into sellable products
- Engage with engineering teams in various time zones to plan and develop and deploy products on time and within scope
- Manage multiple projects and details without losing site of the ‘big picture’
- Be a tireless advocate for Media Solutions interests and values in every interaction throughout the organization
- Be self-directed and able to move forward in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment where processes and procedures are not always completely documented
Skills and Requirements:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience in online advertising, business management and/or product development preferably with experience in managing a high performing team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners including working across time zones with teams in both India and the United States
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- Proven ability to work with multiple internal organizations requiring clear communication, evangelism and compromise
- Experience working directly with sales, engineering, creative services, and operations teams
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment across various teams and time zones, with a strong bias for action
- Understanding of media buying/planning cycles and Internet ad serving systems (Doubleclick, PointRoll, Omniture etc.) a plus
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; MBA preferred