As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops Driver Assistance functions like Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Predictive Emergency Brake Systems (PEBS), Lane Departure Warning/Keeping Systems (LDW, LKS), Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Advanced Parking Assistance, and many more.
For these functions Bosch has all necessary sensors in our portfolio (e.g. radar, video, ultrasonic sensors, …).
In our offices in Plymouth, MI and Palo Alto, CA we develop state of the art systems as well as advanced features leading to partly/highly automated driving. Join us to become part of the exciting and growing field of Driver Assistance.
Robert Bosch LLC is looking for a Technical Project Manager at our Plymouth, MI location. This position includes technical management responsibilities of advanced radar based driver assistance functions.The ideal candidate would be highly self-motivated and have the willingness to dive right in.You will work directly with an entire development team including software developers, application / calibration engineers and fellow project managers to develop project specific solutions for driver assistance and/or automated driving technologies.
Below is a highlight of the things you would being working on:
- Technical project management for North American driver assistance projects focus on radar based driver assistance systems. These include standard adaptive cruise control (ACC) and automatic emergency braking (AEB), as well as advanced functions like traffic jam assist (TJA) and highway assist (HWA).
- First point of contact as technical customer interface and engineering lead for customer project(s).
- Technical lead of engineering project team (mostly software and application engineering, partially hardware engineering).
- Ensure system development, validation, and delivery are according to guidelines and processes (e.g. ISO26262, ASPICE).
- Lead vehicle application/calibration/tuning of sensor-based algorithms both in vehicle and lab/offline environments.
- Project handling and project documentation according to specified processes.
- Monthly reporting of project status to management in US and Germany.
- Work package definition and tracking, release planning, resource planning, quality assurance according to Bosch Driver Assistance process landscape.
- Responsible for evaluating customer specifications including support of translating the system requirements into Rational DOORS, evaluating requirement and test coverage, and support of issue / defect tracking.
- Support test drives and lead both internal and customer meetings.
- First point of contact for OEM for application topics, prepare technical presentations for customer.
- BS in ElectricalEngineering, Computer engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related degree.
- 2 or more years of experience in technical project management or related experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in automotive.
- 2 or more years of experience managing complex software and system architectures projects or related experience.
- 1 or more years of vehicle networking and diagnostics, hands-on (mechanical or electrical) type of experience.