The contractor Sports Dietitian shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Provides nutritional planning and counseling that is guided by evidence-based peer-reviewed literature.
- Advises the chain of command on issues pertinent to military personnel’s nutrition.
- Provides individual or group counseling for guidance on nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Designs and implements nutritional programs for military personnel in garrison, TAD/TDY and deployed.
- Develops nutritional protocols and guidelines to enhance military personnel’s rehabilitation and performance. Collaborates with the HPP Manager and SMO for implementation of new protocols and guidelines.
- Assists other regional military personnel assets with nutritional consultation and support as requested by the HPP Manager and approved by the chain of command.
- Participates in meetings with other HPP staff members as requested.
- Ensures that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are available. Assists with supply inventories. Provides input on supply needs.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Sports Nutritionist are in safe working condition and are properly utilized.
- Ensures that records are updated as required. Assists in data collection as requested by the HPP Manager.
- Participates in periodic in-service training for members of the HPP Staff. Attends required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
- Performs administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Participates in peer (record) reviews as directed.
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science or related field
- License: Registered Dietitian (RD), Certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD), Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) and Current and valid state certification/license
- SECRET Clearance
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Performance Dietitian is required.
- The contractor shall possess a master’s level degree in Nutrition Science or related field and hold certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a specialty certification as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CSSD certification may be waived if all otherqualifications are met; however, the contractor shall earn the CSSD within six months of employment if waived.
- The contractor shall have a minimum of five years of experience in sports nutrition and a history of working with elite athletes is highly desired.
- Certification as a Certified Strength and conditioning Specialist (CSCS) is desired, but not required.
- The contractor shall possess a current and valid state certification/license.
- The contractor shall be capable of meeting physical demands of training with military personnel including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols.
- Contractor must be able to lift and manipulate loads and plates up to 25 kilograms.
- Contractor may be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.