Designer - Product Development
Summary: Creates mechanical 2D and 3D drawings for new and existing products. These drawings include P&IDs, plot plans, skid piping and structural designs, balance of plant pipe racks, etc. Needs to be able to create safe, maintenance friendly, cost-effective designs with little supervision. Needs to be able to conduct design review meetings internally and externally with potential clients. Creates BOMs to arrive at accurate cost estimations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supports the department by studying engineering sketches, specifications, and supporting documents; modeling, designs, details, documents, and verifies mechanical, structural, electrical, electronic parts, subassemblies and assemblies with all levels of complexity
· Ensures adherence to target quality and cost parameters of the products
· Depicts relationships of components and parts`; identifies dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances and materials to abide by department standards. Ensures adherence with internal P&T standards and guidelines to produce consisent designs and drawings for products.
· Works closely with different engineering discplines to produce safe, well-designed products.
· Prepares Bills of Material and specifications; creates full package documentation required
· In-depth reviews on supplier approval drawings including red-lining issues.
· Requires use of computers, proficient using 3-D CAD design; proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), proficient with email system, Microsoft Outlook preferred; strong creative ability to design and develop mechanical, structural, electrical, electronic equipment
· Will mentor less experienced designers
· Meets any and all deadlines as required by schedule and assists other designers/engineers to meet their deadlines
· Trials and analyzes different types of design software.
· Develops marketing material for new and existing products
· Provides feedback on progress on work including the need to provide presentation material for internal or external presentations/meetings
· 5+ years designing and documenting mechanical, structural, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Ability to coordinate others to accomplish objectives
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
· Clear and concise verbal and written communications
· Requires thorough knowledge of drafting standards
- Must have gas plant experience
· Experience in related industry
· Working knowledge in compression, power generation, or offshore oil and gas.
· Familiarity with any of the following tools: CADWorx Plant, CADWorx Equipment, ISOGEN, PVELITE, PRO-E, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, Oracle
· Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
· Sitting for long periods of time
· Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
· May be required to work at heights of up to 6 feet
Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment