Staff Software Engineer, PS Social
The Staff Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs. This team is responsible for the design and development of User Generated Content, Friend and Media Search and Recommendations, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence among other future looking features using state of the art technologies!
- Architect, design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints with respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degreepreferred.
- 8+ years of solid programming experience in Java core libraries and developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks (REST/JSON/gRPC). Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 a big plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, Search, Machine Learning and Go is a big plus
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests; strong written and verbal communication skills