The Principal Performance Optimization Specialist serves as a large scale project or program lead and subject matter expert responsible to effectively and efficiently identify and implement innovative solutions to significant and complex operational issues. Provides oversight for the development, execution, delivery, effectiveness measurement, and evolutional improvements for deliverables.
- Proactively collaborates with project and program leads and senior management to prepare, organize, coordinate, document, and/or provide expert development and delivery of department products and services to a globally dispersed audience to maximize content retention to best support business outcomes and industry compliance requirements.
- Provides guidance and reviews or creates varied support materials, presentations, training programs, tools, simulations, and/or micro learning components and modules to support the department's remit and strategy.
- Leads large scale projects and programs that develop performance optimizing products and services for the business (such as Process Improvement, Change Management, Learning, or Measurement and Analytics).
- Skillfully develops process improvement processes and solutions through process mapping, root cause and process analysis, change management plans and progress evaluation.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring of team members on best practices for the development and delivery of projects, programs, products and services; and supports team decision making that directly correlates with department goals, objectives, directives and priorities.
- Delegates and assigns appropriately scaled tasks to other team members.
- Coordinates and delivers department-level meetings including pre-meeting, learning course, process, and project working group materials, facilities and communications per timeline milestones.
- Performs special projects, assignments, and administrative tasks per business needs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8+ years).
- Change management certification (preferred)
- Project Management experience
- CRO/Pharma experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management standards and practices
- Comprehensive consultancy skills and abilities to positively influence business outcomes
- Exceptional leadership, mentorship and coaching skills to influence others towards uplifting performance, drive, and enthusiasm to deliver concisely and with composure and accuracy
- Proven ability to translate complex issues into actionable and comprehendible business solutions
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, email software, virtual training delivery platforms, and various process improvement or learning design and development software
- Close attention to detail to deliver concise and accurate requirements-based reports and deliverables
- Proven ability to develop and advise delivery of products, services, and solutions in a collaborative and cross-functional global environment, with an understanding of the user perspective
- Extensive ability to query, compile, enter, track and maintain data and records management systems
- Exceptional oral presentation and written communication skills
- No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.