This is an entry-level position responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of software programs. The Associate Application Support Engineer works with supervision to understand the requirements of the systems under development and apply basic software processes to complete tasks. Through training and mentoring, this individual is expected to become familiar with the business domain at Ecova.
- Provide support by troubleshooting various applications within Ecova
- Write code as needed to provide additional support through debugging and making enhancements.
- Provide internal and external customer service and rapidly make critical decisions
- Supports the quality assurance group during functional and regression testing of software programs.
- Accepts accountability for meeting project milestones and other goals.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn the technology associated with Ecova systems.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn the principle strategies and processes associated with the Ecova business domain
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to two years experience using C# .NET, Visual Basic .NET or other object oriented language.
- Up to two years experience using Visual Studio, Eclipse, or other software development environment.
- Must have a basic understanding of SQL Server 2008 and up relational database management systems, stored procedures, and queries.
- Must have a basic understanding of 3rd party controls and tools.
- Must have a basic understanding of Salesforce.
- Must have basic understanding of N-tiered development (ASP.NET/J2EE)
- Knowledge of TFS.
- Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office tool set.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.