Who we are:Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're located in downtown Spokane. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides. Rover is a place for driven and talented people to take ownership of initiatives and show what they can do; you won't have a better opportunity to shine than here at Rover.com.
About The Trust Safety Team:Rover’s Trust & Safety team is responsible for supporting Rover's reputation by providing excellent customer care through prevention and problem resolution of issues that pose a risk to the company. The Trust & Safety team also resolves any possible risk to customers or anything that could negatively impact the customer experience through incident investigation, claims management, analysis, education and enforcement ofRover.com terms and conditions.The Senior Manager, Trust and Safety. In this role, you’ll lead a team of front line managers/supervisors to exceed service levels and performance goals, drive process improvements that scale in a hyper-growth environment, cultivate a customer focused culture, and ensure contact center best practices are implemented. This individual will exemplify drive, passion, and empathy to establish a deeper emotional and better aligned relationship with Rover sitters. Will thrive in an environment that is fast paced, enjoy tackling problems, and can identify ways to improve customer satisfaction metrics.
- Lead and inspire a team of front line supervisors/managers that solves problems experienced by customers during stays.
- Set and communicate team goals and metrics, and ensure those targets are achieved on a consistent basis. Flavors of goals for this organization will include agent working time, cost per claim, and user satisfaction.
- Optimize workflow processes to enable the team to scale efficiently as Rover grows.
- Utilizes data to derive actionable insights that improve customer experience and drive team performance.
- Drive team development and morale, both in-office and with remote team members.
- Mitigate high crisis incidents that pose a risk to company brand through de-escalation tactics.
- Foster third party insurance and othercontracted partnership relations.
- In partnership with the Director and management team, assess team performance, employee morale and well-being, compensation needs, career development, and leadership development. Drive appropriate solutions in these areas.
- Partner with business leadership to identify opportunities to attract, develop and retain agents to achieve their fullest potential.
- Advocates for and drives qualitative and quantitative research to develop key insights and recommend actions to enhance safety strategies.
- Measures and reports on business metric impact of safety products/services/programs to team leadership and key organizational stakeholders.
- Willingness to lock arms with the team to solve urgent issues on the front line and get in front of problems on the horizon.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Experience with CRM tool, such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar.
- Experience with managing remote employees and managing business process outsourcers (BPOs) preferred.
- Experience driving capacity planning, workforce management, and contact center scheduling.
- Demonstrated history of making critical judgment calls based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs.
- Strong data analysis with ability to present data and make recommendations to influence organization to key outcomes.
- Proven organizational, detail orientation and time management skills required.
- Reputation for being a good leader and strategic partner to clients.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to closure.
- Basic knowledge of SQL or willingness to learnExcellent negotiation and influence skills
- Action-orientation with demonstrated ability to build cross-organizational relationships, and influence internal stakeholders to align on a vision and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting