Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we can touch the lives of millions by creating sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in auto plants. The Senior Director of Operations will ensure efficient and cost-effective production results that meet order demand, specifications, quality, and planning targets through the coordination and management of plant equipment, personnel, and production processes (quantity, quality, budgeted costs and proper productivity level).
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates in annual production budgeting (approximately $60 MUSD), oversees progress, and determines actions to cost issues as necessary in order to manage operations within the budget and resources.
• Develops programs, projects, goals, and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout Operations. Collaborates with Operational Excellence teams to integrate lean manufacturing principles into production processes.
• Develops and executes plans to reduce non-value added costs, increase revenues, and delight customers by delivering products on time with high factory and supplier yields and decreasing product field failure rates. Ensures that Lean Six Sigma training and methods are implemented into the organization.
• Oversees the creation of manufacturing subcontracts and manages the subcontractor jointly with other involved disciplines, including Supply Chain Management. (e.g. subcontract employees are provided guidance on health and safety requirements and work practices, issued permits to work).
• May provide support to Sales during customer visits to explain capabilities of the manufacturing facilities.
Health, safety and environment (HSE)
• Ensures compliance with Group health, safety and environmental directives and that regulations are implemented, while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
People leadership and development
• Ensures (with HUB HRBP support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business and 12 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• MBA or post-graduate management courses preferred.
• Leads teams with a focus on operational planning and process development.
• Typically accountable for budget and policy recommendations and medium term planning.
• Typically managing through first line managers mainly in functional area. Focus balances leadership and subject matter expertise.
“Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US"