Director of Market Management
Expedia Partner Services Group is currently recruiting for a dynamic sales leader to fulfill the role of Director of Market Management.
Reporting to the Senior Director of the division, the ideal individual will have a strong background managing geographically diverse sales organizations, with a strong emphasis on consultative sales principles. With a core focus on leading one of our Market Management groups, the key objective of this role will be to provide guidance and leadership to ensure that revenue targets are exceeded within the region. In doing so, this individual will bring a strong analytical acumen coupled with market place knowledge, revenue management and a high level of sales savvy to the role. In addition, the ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented organization will ensure success within this assignment. The ability to establish and develop long term partnerships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 8+ years progressive sales experience in managing geographically dispersed organizations in the hospitality or travel industry
• Preferred candidates will have had success in a senior sales or franchise development position for a large hotel group
• Solid Revenue Management experience. Excellent knowledge and understanding of yield management principles and practices
• Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term strategic customer relationships. Success in hiring and retaining top individual performers, and developing them to be promoted. Ability to identify strengths on the team and leverage them for overall success
• Strong strategic planning and analytical skills. Ability to set long term strategy for revenue growth based on industry, competitor and internal data and insight, while acknowledging resource constraints. Set measurable long and short term goals and targets to drive team performance.
• Demonstrated success in prioritizing multiple initiatives for highest revenue growth and optimal use of human capital
• Demonstrated success in influencing internal organizations, including leaders of other divisions with different priorities. Ability to present concise data and recommendations to senior management.
Can prioritize resource needs and measure ROI and opportunity costs for different investments
• Demonstrated success in account management of complex multi-layered client organizations, including influencing C-level executives in high stakes negotiations. Proven results of strategic partnerships with long term growth.
• Experience in speaking on panels, persuasive presentations to 200+ clients, and influencing external organizations (hotel association, CVB, etc) through board-level involvement
• Ability to identify most relevant data and levers to build key performance indicators for internal team and other stakeholders, as well as for external clients
• Advanced working skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Energy and positive attitude to win and challenge the status quo. Success in rallying the team behind the goal and maximizing each team member’s potential
• Experience working in a fast paced ever changing and challenging environment. Ability to be flexible and update strategy accordingly
• Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Desired)