GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for providing training and technical support to distributors, technicians, contractors, dealers and/or installers. Gathers site-specific data and installation information to aid with the proper application or troubleshooting of Franklin Fueling products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and provides technical training to distributor personnel, contractors, dealers, and/or installers.
- Tests and troubleshoots Franklin Fueling products. Supervises and assists at product installations.
- Promotes and represents Franklin Fueling products and programs at tradeshows and special events. Conducts product demonstrations as needed.
- Collects and reports marketing information pertaining to competitive products, industry distribution or personnel changes, and customer needs or desires.
- Writes and submits weekly reports, as well as special reports needed to highlight problems at specific sites and/or with certain customers or products.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals.
- Calculates figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions person-to-person and in small group and large group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and/or other employees of the organization.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Travels up to 60 percent of the time, including up to 50 percent overnight travel.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in business administration, computer technology, engineering, or a related field (required).
- Bachelor's degree (preferred).
- Three to five years of technical, sales, or related water systems or industry experience (preferred).
- Intermediate: Contact management, presentation/PowerPoint, spreadsheet.
- Basic: Database, word processing/typing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.