Job Number : 81787
Division : Engineering
Our Company is the leader for construction services in the Lowcountry. And if you asked us what’s the most important thing we’ve built over the past three decades, we’d tell you: TRUST.
Known for our collaborative TeamBuild approach, we have earned a reputation as a trustworthy, hardworking company that delivers quality results at exceptional value.
Our Company has wide-ranging experience with projects in the healthcare, industrial, commercial, educational and religious sectors. This diversification strengthens our ability to assess each project uniquely and approach challenges with innovative solutions.
* Supervise total on-site effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule, safety and quality. Includes interfacing with client representatives, and other contractors.
* Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
* Authorize and /or approve all field project personnel transactions, small purchase requisitions, field requests for information, etc.
* Provide technical assistance and direction, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommended construction methods and equipment, planning, schedule development and scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
* Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
* Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety, and quality program requirements, work rules, etc., document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
* Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of material and equipment, and contractualperformance of the project
* Plan and supervise craft foremen and/or craft activities – includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
* Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
* Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
* Participate in preconstruction work as requested / needed.
* Assist in the orientation / training / development of employees.
* Assist in the employment processes as requested.
* Promote teamwork and positive communication among employees.
* Attend and participate in miscellaneous site meetings, sharing knowledge, information, and ideas when needed.
Education and experience:
* Minimum 10-15 years experience as a Project Superintendent with at-risk (self-perform), hard money, and negotiated general construction, and negotiated at risk CM construction. Experienced with building hospitals, healthcare facilities, universities, corporate office, data centers, high tech facilities, commercial, institutional, retail, parking structures.
* Extensive experience in building multiple projects as a Superintendent with per project value in excess of$20,000,000.
* Experience with self-performing work in excavation, formwork, concrete placing and finishing, rough and finish carpentry, millwork, doors, frames, hardware, and division 10 specialties.
* Stable employment history.
* Profitable project track-record.
* Beat-the-budget self-perform labor track record
* Mix of public and private project experience.
* Experience with preconstruction work.
* Work is often performed outside under any type of weather conditions. Exposure to Varying degrees / amounts of heat, cold, dust, dampness, ice, precipitation and mud.
* Spends much of their time in an office environment, many assignments are based at on-site job office, either at their desk or meeting with management, architects clients or subcontractors. Often travels locally byautomobile to others’ offices. Often walks around the construction site where weather and conditions can reach extremes.