Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the shop floor manufacturing operation. Plan and develop systems to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the operation. Lead staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Coach and develop his/her staff and associates.
Salaried Production Supervisors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all operational activities within the assigned area or facilities.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyze and document business processes and problems (continuous improvement). Use Lean manufacturing principles to develop solutions to reduce or optimize operational cost.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in the hiring and orientation of new staff members.
- Establish internal goals & metrics as well as meeting those provided in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in the development of and work within budgets that support the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Coach and develop staff.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all areas within the company as well as the customer base.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Provide all business reporting in a timely manner as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
College Degree Major Desired: Business or Engineering
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience
- Computer proficiency in all Windows based programs.
- Mathematical Skills: ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Must possess the ability to lead the group through change management.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on business needs.
- Safety conscious, goal oriented, results driven.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of ten (5-10) years of progressive manufacturing operations experience is required.
- Experience in the trailer industry a plus.
- Strong experience in implementing/managing a Lean Manufacturing environment, working knowledge of other industry best practices in process improvement such as Six Sigma and other manufacturing skills and applications.
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to work and participarte effectively in a team environment
Req Id 5183