The Office Leader is responsible for achieving organizational goals, including interpreting these goals into achievable targets, communicating with staff and monitoring progress and ensuring the goals are achieved in a timely manner. The Office Leader develops Sales capability in new and existing staff, ensuring that opportunities for Leads, Up Selling, Cross Selling and referrals are actively maximized. This position is also responsible for client retention and oversight of office operations to insure quality, service and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
· Monitors and manages the office budget, expenses, profit and loss statement, contingency income, payables and receivables.
· Monitor and improve agency performance to ensure client growth, revenue and profitability, efficiency, clientsatisfaction.
· Translate overall Hub Carolinas goals into achievable, realistic goals for the agency
· Facilitates, monitors, and implements the agency business plan to ensure meeting of agency goals for profitability and growth.
· Build and foster a client-centric sales environment that is focused on new business development, retention and relationship development
· Identify opportunities for growth within the region by securing new contacts and driving business through the region’s Advisors
· Identification of Sales Initiatives and Business Development Opportunities
· Train, mentor and coach staff on sales process to growcapability
· Accountable for regional production as per budgets and objectives, and to address shortfalls and strategies to combat shortfalls with CMO and other team members.
· Provide leadership and support to the Operations Manager and daily operational activities
· Responsible for day to day management of the Charleston Hub office.
· Ensure customer service, and client contact is at the highest level of professionalism and follow-up is sincere andpersistent.
· Creates positive relationships with carriers and other markets.
· With the assistance of Human Resources and Operations Manager, manages and completes performance review process for the agency
· Actively promotes open communication and high morale.
· Maintains long term, high quality relationships with carriers.
· Maintains high visibility profile as a leader in the community
· Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Chief OperatingOfficer.
work experience & Skills requirements
· 7 years of salesexperience with at least 3 years of sales and/or agency leadership required
· Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams to success
· Demonstrated ability to sell, cross sell and up sell
· Superior communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking, and organizational skills required
· Ability to coach, mentor and lead employees
· Superior relationship building with a client orientation
· Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required for this position, along with the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitiveinformation
· Bachelors degreepreferred
Licensing or certification Requirements
· Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
· Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
· Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.