Senior Project Manager - Healthcare / Life Science
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients’ best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principle—it’s the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
A Senior Project Manager manages the project team by driving the growth and development of project team members while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients. This person will be a team leader responsible for numerous construction management related tasks including, project execution, financial management, and delivering projects the Shawmut way while achieving financial control and profit goals for each project.
- Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects the project strategy and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
- Developing a purchasing schedule and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during the early stages of pre-construction.
- Executing each project phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout and post-construction services.
- Collaborating with Estimating and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the job.
- Working in partnership with the Project Superintendent to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
- Thorough completion of all financial data with an eye to quickly identify potential/existing issues that could lead to sub par financial performance.
- Effectively administering the requisitioning and collections process to ensure timely payments.
- Establishing annual performance goals for assigned staff and conducting timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
- Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
- Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making. All applications will be kept in the strictest confidence. Submit your resume by clicking on 'add to job cart.' Thank you for your interest in Shawmut Design and Construction!
- 10+ years’ experience managing projects in the Healthcare or Sciences sector in the New England area with a network of owner and designer relationships.
Job ID 2017-3179