Business Analyst (Dynamics AX)
Cracker Barrel - Nashville, TN
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is about more than a great meal and interesting retail, but serving people with warmth. Our people bring that mission to life. We are committed to hiring people who understand what goes into serving others—and once on the job, we provide them with the opportunity to grow their skills and grow with our company. We’re striving to strike a thoughtful balance between preserving what makes us special and making changes that tomorrow’s guests will expect. We’re setting a table for generations to come as we continue to grow. Our Home Office team understands that if we are not directly serving our guests, we are serving those who do.
Cracker Barrel has recently implemented Microsoft Dynamics AX2012 in close cooperation with Microsoft and key partners. We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to support our IT operations in the Home Office in Lebanon, TN. This individual’s primary function is to assist the AX developers to support our new POS system. This position is responsible for the following duties:
- Experienceworking with Business Requirements Documents.
- Support business/technical needs within the IS Department.
- Serve as liaison between the business community and IS Partners in order to communicate (verbal and written) business needs and requirements of end users and translating them into software requirements.
- Delivering results using strong technical skills and business knowledge
- Help create and run scripts for testing existing and newly developed software.
- Gather, document, and prioritize business needs by working to provide appropriate IS solutions.
- Translate business needs into detailed business requirements for the IS organization and manage changes to such specifications.
- Analyze and identify potential risks/issues to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Works on improving systems already in use, implementing improvements to make operational areas more efficient/effective.
- Work on 3rd tier support tickets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Fully functioning knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and SDLC principles is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access)
- Must be comfortable with creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets and electronic files.
- Must be a self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Understanding of Dynamics AX architecture and ability to troubleshoot and install the solution.
- Full lifecycle application development using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Writing code, unit testing and debugging Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Fluent in Microsoft Dynamics AX Data Structures
- Ability to work in a high paced, multiple vendors global environments
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend
- business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Dynamics AX 2012 certifications both functional(Trade & Logistics) and technical
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Dynamics: 1 year
- QA testing: 1 year
- Process flows and mapping: 3 years