RTI International’s Education and Workforce Development (EWD) Center for P12Education has an immediate opening for an Educational Consultant and Coach. This role is part of the School Services team that focuses on building the skills and professional capacity of K-12 educators to overcome challenges, improve outcomes, and sustain performance into the future. This position will focus on leadership development, strategy, and school/system design with our K-12 partners and clients.
This position will work with diverse stakeholders including school district office leaders, principals, teachers, and government officials to improve educational outcomes. We believe in empowering K-12 educators to reach their highest potential, so that all students reach theirs. Our partners tend to be innovative and growth-minded schools, districts, and organizations who embrace the opportunities of an ever-changing educationlandscape.
Please include cover letter when applying for the position.
- Work directly with school principals, and district administrators, and other partners to achieve co-constructed goals and enhance opportunities for students.
- Facilitate professional learning to deepen senior educational leaders’ knowledge, build new skills, and implement evidence-based strategies.
- Research national and international best practices that can be applied to local contexts and provide expertise on designing and implementing district and state policies and strategies.
- Provide leadership coaching to practicing administrators and principals.
- Support multi-state business development efforts to broaden RTI’s School Services footprint.
- Contribute to advancement of School Services team initiatives.
- Contribute to ongoing continuous service improvement efforts and new service design.
- Travel up to 60% (primarily, but not exclusively within North Carolina) to assigned schools and districts to deliver services and develop new business relationships.
- Keep supervisor and colleagues aware of project status and collaborate to troubleshoot issues across projects.
- Represent RTI/Business’s broad technical capabilities at both informal and formal customer events, including advisory boards, strategic meetings, marketing events, etc.
- Participate in the marketing of RTI capabilities to new clients and contribute to proposal development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in education or related field (doctorate preferred).
- At least 10 years of experience as a K-12 educator with at least 3 of those years as a school administrator.
- Experience facilitating large and small group professional development and demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience using technology options for facilitating learning, e.g. webinars, twitter chats, Canvas, Edmoto, Zoom, etc.
- “Client first” disposition evidenced by flexibility, humility and commitment to public service.
- Extensive experience with coaching and mentoring educators.
- Expertise in research-based instructional strategies, leadership development techniques, and relevant content areas, including the fields of management/leadership, organizational development, talent management, adult learning theory, and education policy.
- Direct experience facilitating large groups to achieve goals.
- Project management experience and ability to manage competing tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage own schedule amidst numerous project demands.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and incorporate adjustments to professional practice.
- Ability to work independently and with teams, and to establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience working as a building principal is preferred.
- Experience working in North Carolina is preferred.
- Experience working in a school district office is preferred.