As a trusted partner to our client, Corus360 is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for a full-time role in west Georgia. This person will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of network hardware and software. As an integral member of the team, this person will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Additionally, this individual ensures that network hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
One would need proficiency and expertise in Local Area Network (LAN) both in Data Center and remote locations, Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless and all others network related. Responsibilities on these systems include system engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation and improvement.
The purpose of this job is to provide the professional and management capability to operate and supervise company-wide network activity such as:
- Install new network hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure network equipment as needed throughout the Southwire network
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, network resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and security logs.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline with 3-5 years' experience in systems administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cisco certifications preferred
- Proven track record in Cisco network equipment and processes
- Experience in global WAN, LAN and data center technologies and support
- Knowledge of marketplace, emerging technologies and industry players.
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Experience within manufacturing is needed
- Position requires at least 10% travel
- Understanding troubleshooting skills with the ability to take on and resolve advance and complex support issues and projects.