As a Sales Manager, will assist the team to manage daily account activities at our customer locations in Augusta, ME.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Prospecting for and the acquisition of new customers, through value added consultative selling technique.
- Sales growth of the territory by controlling attrition in existing accounts while aggressively pursuing new business.
- Providing value added consultative program control advice to our customers
- Review competitive treatment programs and processes (cooling, boiler, wastewater treatment) within heavy industries to secure new business.
- Maintain and build business/customer relationships.
- Conduct the necessary site and LMS/class room training programs to understand the overall operations of the territory plants and new customer sites.
- Sell new business and new applications in your territory. Develop and implement sales plans on new opportunities with the direction of the Area Manager including documenting ROI after the closure of the program. Establish, maintain and prioritize an accurate and current sales funnel in SFDC.
- Manage profitability of the accounts sold
- Review territory applications and processes/procedures for safety improvements.
- Expected overnight travel <30%
Primary responsibilities will include customer relationship management, conducting process trials, data analysis, value generation and customer value assurance.
Attend customer production meetings regularly and become integral member of their team.
Monitor & report on application performance on a weekly/monthly basis. Conduct semi-annual strategic business reviews with customer to determine overall needs and goals.
Key objective is to retain existing business at the account & grow to sole supplier status.
- Bachelor's Degree; BS related to Engineering, Paper Science, or Life Science a plus
- 5+ years of sales experience with strong Mill knowledge base, mill operations experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, balancing customer’s needs and company objectives.
- Strong competency in value selling, using ROI financial metrics to achieve customer goals.
- Ability to build customer relationships quickly; versatile across different styles
- Ability to influence others through direct and indirect methods.
- Sensitive to new business opportunities and creative approaches to gain.
- Business acumen and negotiating skills required for Sr. level customer interface
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of people in the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Requisition # 2017-6015