Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
We are looking to add an experienced leader of business development efforts to lead a fast-paced, highly-visible sales team that targets, engages and generates high-quality, revenue producing opportunities for our account executive teams.
The leader of this team must be experienced coaching B2B hunting and engagement techniques that drive high-conversion opportunities. The leader of this team will be instrumental driving Pluralsight’s top of funnel sales strategy and will work closely with marketing and sales leadership to ensure all efforts between the groups are closely aligned.
This leader needs to have a proven track record delivering and exceeding on their goals and targets. He or she needs to possess a strong working knowledge of SaaS software sales. It is expected they will have a solid understanding of a value-driven sales methodologies. Ideal candidates will possess strong sales leadership experience, having led business development teams, selling software solutions to commercial and enterprise companies at the Director, VP or C level.
The Sr. Manager of Business Development will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute the business development strategy for a given region including ABM marketing, leveraging events and tradeshows, digital and targeted campaigns, etc…
- Manage the performance of a regional business development team including: recruiting, hiring, training, and professional development of individual team members
- Support and lead the targeting, planning, positioning, and execution of business development efforts as necessary to maximize the probability of success and sales conversion
- Manage overall business development process, set appropriate metrics for engagement and top of funnel pipeline management and transition process to appropriate sales segments and account executives
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate annual growth in revenue and bookings for the region
- Work directly with the senior management team to shape strategies for driving sustainable business growth
- Provide detailed and accurate Top of Funnel (Pipeline) sales forecasting to senior leadership
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Collaborate with senior leaders and other relevant stakeholders to create, implement and manage policies and procedures to effectively support the business
- Support Business Development efforts by attending industry conferences and events
- Support direct reports by participating and leading client and prospect meetings and engaging other corporate resources as required
- Deliver ongoing mentoring and development of the business development team members which includes recruiting, on-boarding and training of new business development reps
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings & one-on-one reviews with direct reports
- Reporting on all aspects of the business to senior sales management
- Monitor sales activity of the team, and track and report the results
- Plan, partner and execute marketing events in territory
- Travel up to 25%
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree
- Successful track record with a minimum of 7 years experience in software sales with demonstrated sales leadership
- Proven track record building and leading high-performance teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skillset; in addition, must have the ability to synthesize complex business challenges and create clear solutions and messages for audiences at various levels of sophistication
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Consistent overachievement of quota and production delivery
- Strong track record of recruiting, training/developing and retaining high performing sales talent
- Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously
- Successful track record of planning, maximizing and converting tradeshows and events leads to sale accepted opportunities
- Strong operational and analytical abilities