Director, Business Development ( Crude Oil )
This position is responsible for the continuous development of strategic commercial crude oil gathering and transportation business development opportunities. Identifies, analyzes, develops and negotiates midstream business opportunities including growth and M&A opportunities in support of the company’s strategic plan. Leverages an extensive network of contacts within the energy industry to identify new business opportunities and optimization efforts. Manages the transition and successful hand-off of new contracts, customer relationships, project vision and key project/customer expectations. Provides input and direction of functional business plans based on knowledge of customer operations and identified new opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulate and develop growth opportunities within the proximity of company assets or outside the company's current footprint.
- Develop and implement innovative ideas for new products and/or service offerings for current or potential customers.
- Oversee all aspects of opportunity advancement, including commercial structuring, marketing, negotiations and collaborate with various internal stakeholders in advancing opportunities from concept to execution.
- Provide input and direction on functional business plans.
- Create strategic and tactical plans to identify and capture new business for area of responsibility.
- Leverage extensive network of contacts or advanced knowledge of Enable/customer operations to drive new opportunities or optimization efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with producers, marketing companies, professional organizations and competitors to enhance our opportunity set.
- Provide technical insight and expertise in the development of strategic assessments of the following areas: business markets, potential M&A or partnership targets, oil and gas basins and potential targets.
- Facilitate and/or participate on teams targeting asset acquisitions.
- Partner and lead coordination with commercial groups and other functional groups to develop optimization and/or growth projects.
- Prepare written justifications and make presentations for project approvals.
- Capture, analyze and disseminate competitive intelligence.
- Train and mentor less experienced professionals.
- Drive organizational and functional effectiveness in order to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate with the rest of the business unit leadership team in creating business development strategies to support the direction of the company’s strategic and tactical initiatives.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Twelve (12) years’ directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge, skill, breadth and depth in the following areas:
- Origination/Off-System development and negotiation
- Optimization/Current System development and negotiation
- Mergers & Acquisition development, negotiation and due diligence
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of complex midstream deal structures.
- Advanced knowledge of complex financial concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of economic modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of the energy industry, organization, processes and customers.
- Ability to lead teams to successful project execution.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers.
- Strong influencing and negotiations skills.
- Strong collaboration skills in order to partner effectively across various levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop a network of contacts and partners.
- Strong understanding of project management techniques with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, quantify, deliver and capture value in commercial transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies and closure of commercial transactions.
- Strong analytical skills and experience; ability to recognize, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Strong data management skills; ability to audit, format, model and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to distill complex data into concise and easily understood concepts and recommendations.
- Ability to distill data and analysis into high-level reports and summaries.
- Ability to discern data inaccuracies through technical experience and knowledge.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Strong organization and process improvement skills.
- Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Ability to exhibit strong facilitation and negotiations skills, sound business judgment and unquestionable integrity.
- Advanced skills in computer applications, databases and reporting software (Microsoft Office Suite applications).
- Demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, company’s ethics code of conduct and other company policies and procedures.
- Respect and follow safety policies and regulations; scan the environment for objects or people who may pose a safety risk; encourage others to utilize safe and healthy work practices.
- Sedentary to light work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to view computer screen, sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Ability to produce quality work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed or required to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Ability to travel out of town, including overnight stays.
- Subject to normal office noise levels.