Job ID: EN_US_1702564
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are currently seeking a Product Manager to join our US Crop Strategy Team, within the Agricultural Solutions business (AP) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Product Manager (Fungicides) (1702564) – RTP, NC
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans launching our next blockbuster active ingredient through cooperative work with the relevant product management, implementation management, regional and global marketing colleagues. You will work closely with product managers and product management teams to identify market segments that require deep dive strategic processes and lead those strategic processes to identify implementable solutions.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Actively participate as marketing representative on Project Teams lead by regional and global marketing providing input for justification, approval, development, and introduction of new projects
- Monitor, record and reportevents occurring in assigned channels - including the collecting and recording of marketplace intelligence related to:
- Competitors, their products and marketing programs providing program knowledge to Channel Strategy team for consolidation,
- Trends, threats and market opportunities, and
- Any otherevents/activities potentially affecting opportunities for BASF to successfully implement our business plans
- Be responsible for selection and management of third parties that support key strategic initiatives as developed in key AI Strategic plans
- Regularly interact with grower and retail customers to identify:
- Customer expectations,
- Customer strategic direction,
- Customer insights,
- Customer experience with BASF and competitive brands,
- Industry trends, and
- Competitive strategies
- Consistently interact with and motivate the BASF sales force to identify market opportunities while implementing the US Crop strategy plan
- Consistently interact with BASF retail and distributor customers by keeping them informed about tactics, tactical insights, and our go-to-market strategy
- Support other members of the sales & marketing team to help ensure that company sales and financial goals are achieved
- Work with product managers on market introduction plans for new products including supporting internal coordination to bring the assigned product to market with external focus on development and implementation of tactical plans, grower and dealer targeting
- Work consistently with Strategic Account and Key Account Management team to build messaging surrounding strategic initiatives surrounding Active Ingredient strategies for key distribution customers
This position is part of a job family. If selected, you will be hired at a level that matches your knowledge, skills, abilities and direct experience.
For further information on BASF located in RTP, NC, please select:
BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS/BA in a Business Field or an Agricultural Field
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Sales, and/or Technical Support
- 5+ years of experiencecollaborating with Marketing in a product leadership capacity
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to strategically analyze global reaching factors, and then summarize into concise, creative plans to reach financial goals
We Also Look For…
- MS/MBA/PhD Degree
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Sales, and/or Technical Support
- Experience negotiating complex 3rd party agreements
- 5+ years of experience in the agri-business industry
- Broader experience across industry segments, including understanding of seed and adjuvants business