The Digital Marketing Specialist implements and manages digital tactics in approved marketing plans to reach target audiences, deepen supporter engagement, and generate awareness and revenue. S/He is the strategic lead for all digital marketing and social media efforts, and the other members of the team look to him/her to provide proactive planning, ongoing recommendations, detail-oriented implementation and analytics. This involves close collaboration with geographically-dispersed teammates and colleagues, expertise in strategy development, excellent project management skills, and experience in both planning and budgeting. The Specialist is an expert in digital media—familiar with industry trends and best practices, the latest software and tracking mechanisms, and up-and-coming platforms. In addition to the technical expertise, the Specialist must be a skilled content developer able to craft engaging content and navigate complex (and potentially divisive) issues with care.
The Specialist reports directly to the Marketing Director and may oversee contractors (internal and external). Uses software systems to track and analyze program results, report findings, and works with senior marketing managers to implement strategic recommendations that align with the specific goals and needs of each individual state partner. Directly responsible for projects and managing project budgets.
Up to 15% travel required (Typically regional)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Organizes, manages and coordinates diverse projects and activities with many variables.
- Works within a budget to complete a project.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks and projects. May have full opportunity to direct individual projects.
- Refers questions to supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Direct experience managing one or more social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) with the goal of reaching targeted audience segments, attracting new followers, and enticing shares/re-tweets/likes/etc.
- Experience managing client/customer relationships.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading documents.
- Experience organizing and coordinating projects.
- Experience with social media scheduling/tracking platforms such as Hootsuite, Adobe Social or Sprout Social.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of marketing principles.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with internal and external partners.
- Ability to embrace change and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences from technical information.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Relevant technology skills required to prepare presentations and analyze data to construct reports.
- Practical knowledge of marketing and branding principles.
- Prior experience managing social media platforms for a branded company or organization.
- Avid interest in social media and/or online marketing industry trends.
- Experience using website content management systems platforms helpful.