At Denim Group, we are building a world where technology is trusted. As an Application Security Consultant, you will break stuff – from web services to mobile apps to embedded systems. You will spread security to the world as you train clients in secure development, design, and testing. You will be a trusted partner in defense and remediation, crafting fixes for security defects and protecting private data handled by legacy and emergent technology.
Be an Expert: Your working knowledge of current threats and countermeasures encountered in the application security arena, paired with support from other experts at Denim Group, will create the elite set of skills needed to assess and remediate diverse applications from a broad array of industries.
Learn from Experience: The team at Denim Group has tons of experience in large-scale software development projects, application security, and information security. From small apps to massive systems, legacy to bleeding edge technologies, you’ll be surrounded by folks who’ve seen a bit of everything.
Be Part of a Team: We know that employees are our strongest asset. We invest in employee development through training and an emphasis on a positive, yet challenging, learning environment. You’ll collaborate daily with some of the most creative, intelligent, and fun people in your field.
Be a Contributor to the Community: Denim Group helped to found the local OWASP chapter, a strong contributor to the application security community as a whole, and strives to improve the industry.
Grow with Denim Group: You will report and present application security project results to the top security professionals, and as part of our talented security team, you’ll have the opportunity to broaden your skills and improve Denim Group’s application security offerings.
You’ll definitely need:
- Proficiency with web application security
- A knack for solving tricky problems without losing your cool
- The ability to convey an idea and communicate through talking and writing as well as experience effectively talking in front of groups of important people
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET, Java EE or similar language
- Working knowledge of web services
- Familiarity with code scanning and dynamic analysis tools
- Familiarity with automated testing tools
- Computer Science or related 4-yeardegree
You’ll blow our minds if you have:
- Experience independently executing small web application security projects
- Experience leading application security projects
- Experience quickly learning and using new technologies and frameworks, implementing them in your work, and training others to use them
- Experience in Test Driven or Agile Development
We try our best to make Denim Group a great place to work, so we offer:
- Generous paid time off, additional paid time off for tenure, holidays, and flexible schedules to ensure you have a life outside the office
- Two retirement plan options with employer sponsored matching so you can quit working someday
- Employer sponsored medical insurance so you can go to the doctor if you’re sick
- Employer sponsored life insurance and disability insurance (We hope you never need to use this)
- Optional dental and vision for sparkly teeth and extra smart glasses
- Employer sponsored activities and events for extra fun
- Paid training and certifications for extra smarts
- Employee-developed tenure program that includes:
- A totally customized comic book cover starring you as the hero (or villain)
- A 30-day paid sabbatical so you can get a much needed break because everyone deserves a break.