11 - 15 years
Posted 410 days ago
Job details mentioned below-
Title: Cisco Network Engineer with a CCIE certification
Location: 1101 S. Front St. Riverfront Office Center Harrisburg, PA 17104
Duration: 12+ month contract
Client: PennDOT - Pennsylvania Department ofTransportation
PennDOT is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer with a CCIE certification.
This position is to fill an open senior datacenter network engineer position on an existing team of network engineers. Potential candidates must have hands on experience with Cisco IOS, NX-OS, strong in routing, switching, and security. This position will be responsible for supporting numerous Cisco routers, switches, software, and security appliances.
This position will be responsible for designing, configuring, implementing, and managing the core network for primary and redundant datacenters including failover.
Below is a partial list of hardware currently configured or being configured and implemented within the network.
Key Technologies to support:
• Cisco Switching (C7, Nexus 9, 5, and 3 series switches and Catalyst 3650, 3850)
• Routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
• Cisco 6500/4500 series Layer 3 and Layer 2
• Cisco ASR platform routers
• Cisco Routing (ASR1K, 4300, 2900)
• Cisco ASA firewalls/VPN, Firewall
• Cisco Source Fire Intrusion Prevention
• Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE, Security, Wireless, Guest Access)
• Cisco Any Connect and 2 Factor Authentication (RSA SecurID or similar)
• Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
• Networking Security Best Practices
• CCNP, CCIE (or similar certs over career course)
In addition to technical duties described above the candidate must also be able to:
· Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
· Utilizing Microsoft Office and or Visio document any network changes and procedures as necessary.
· Work in a team environment using Remedy change tracking software.
· Demonstrate ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames, under tight deadlines.
· Work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the network.
· Be proficient in effective problem solving and multi-tasking between multiple projects.
· Work is normally performed from a PennDOT office located in Harrisburg, PA during a standard 40 hour work week .
· Some weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
· At times work may require travel to and from the various PENNDOT locations throughout the state of Pennsylvania