The IT Network and Security (IT-NSC) Shift Lead is responsible for all facets of a continuous operations center. These responsibilities include network, system, and cloud systems monitoring/surveillance, environmental monitoring, incident management, MDA Cybersecurity Support, and service maintenance activities including Change Management coordination during the assigned shift day/time. The IT-NSC shift lead is responsible for all aspects of IT incident management and escalation, ensuring that incidents are effectively escalated, managed and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions provided to executive management and the Government customer. The IT-NSC shift-lead must provide guidance and lead troubleshooting in dynamic, time constrained scenarios to matrix staff, including network, systems, and application engineers, in a geographically distributed enterprise. Coordinates with the Incident Manager, NSC Lead, and other leadership across the organization to meet service levels defined for the IT Services organization. This job roles/responsibilities includes working12hr shifts which alternates every 4 months.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an Information Technology related discipline with at least 15 years’ experience in a technical field such as Information Technology or Systems Engineering.
- Experience in management of a NOC or other IT Operations environment.
• Experience in the management of service delivery and staff in a matrix-managed, geographically dispersed environment.
- Essential qualifications for a successful candidate include an ability to quickly adapt to new situations, a strong commitment to a team environment, a capacity to work unsupervised, and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Must have the ability to produce documentation ranging from high-level briefings to detailed policies/processes/procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, at both technical and senior/Executive management levels.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification.
- Must have a DoD Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
Familiarity with the IT Services Management model of service delivery as a process based practice intended to align the delivery of information technology (IT) services with needs of the enterprise.
Experience using Remedy software preferred. Prior experience in a DoD or government contract environment.
Location(s): Colorado Springs
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability