Suburban Propane is seeking talented, dynamic and motivated outside sales professionals to join our team in the Charlotte & Winston-Salem, NC Market Area. Reporting directly to the Area Sales and Business Development Manager, in this position you will independently prospect, develop and nurture relationships with businesses and industry entities, coordinate with customer service and technical personnel to ensure customer satisfaction, negotiate and close new sales agreements to meet productivity and sales goals; while contributing to and implementing Company, Regional, National Account and local marketing plans to continually increase our customer base and gallon volumes.
- Within your assigned territory develop new sales leads by prospecting and pursuing targeted new business. Negotiate and close new sales agreements to increase customer base year over year. Follow up on sales leads. Call or visit potential customers, initiate mailings and other related activities. Negotiate and close salescontracts and service agreements. Improve close ratio year to year and meet required productivity/sales goals.
- Develop and leverage relationships with businesses and industry entities such as real estate companies, home builder associations and othertrade organizations to cultivate new business prospects. Attend trade shows and other related events. Actively participate in industry organizations to continually build a professional network.
- Partner with Regional Management and National Accounts group to aggressively pursue Regional and National Accounts business opportunities.
- Champion a positive, professional image of Suburban Propane to create customer goodwill and foster referrals and repeat business.
- Follow up with new accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and fulfillment of the job.
- Coordinate with Estimators and Technicians to effectively service customer accounts. Assist with customer issue resolution including credit and collections calls.
- Assist in the development, design, communication and implementation of the marketing plan.
- May assist with employee sales training.
Education, Certifications, Specialized Training
- Business to Business salesexperience (minimum of 5 years)
- Some college or equivalent in experience & education (Business related Bachelor’s Degreepreferred).
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate and convincingly persuade others
- Professional and articulate with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Industry knowledge preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas fired appliances and related distribution systems (training is provided).