About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire an Application Developer.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
Duties and Responbilities:
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- AA/AS or 2 years experience OR
- BA/BS or 4 years of experience
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Programming experience using object-oriented and loose coupling (i.e. MVC) development approaches
- Security focused design and development experience
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills applied to a diverse array of technologies and business domains
- Ability to translate requirements into technical design
Experience working as a part of an AgileScrum team delivering iterative and incremental 508-complaint software changes using the following technologies in a Oracle/Linux environment:
- Java, JSP
- Python, Perl
- Oracle DBMS (Data Tools, Reporting Services, stored procedures, data views, CRUD operations, joins/relationships)
- Security + certification of the ability to obtain it within 6 months of hire
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Team Foundation Server (Work Item Management and Source Control)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Tools
- Server and Database administration experience