The primary accountability of the role is to lead a diverse team of highly skilled analysts and data scientists with a focus on enterprise wide identification and proactive fraud mitigation of both traditional and emerging fraud vectors. Through the use of state of the art tools, machine intelligence and predictive analytics the successful candidate will protect our customers by incorporating new strategies in our fraud mitigation processes. He/she is responsible to inform the Senior Executive team and Operations Leadership of business insights, emerging threats and potential product flaws across North America.
The team’s mandate includes providing recommendations to improve FC&FMG operational effectiveness through the aggregation of diagnostic and fraud performance data.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategies, Solutions, and Innovation, Financial Crimes and Fraud Management Group (FC&FMG), the Associate Vice President will be expected to model TD’s leadership profile by making an impact, building for the future, inspiring the will to win, working effectively in teams, living transparency, showing excellent judgment and demonstrating unwavering integrity.
- Develop a rigid process for aggregating analytical insights and utilize the appropriate diagnostics to identify system, strategy and operational issues; explain variances and recommend remedial actions
- Convert analytical insights into recommendations to drive initiatives, address threats (real & potential) and maintain a competitive edge relative to industry
- Lead the application of advanced data analytics techniques, data mining, modelling, and machine intelligence to implement and enhance fraud mitigation capabilities
- Liaise with senior executives and risk committees to communicate actionable insights gathered from data exploration and discovery
- Utilize diagnostics to identify system, strategy and operational issues. Explain variances and recommend remedial actions
- Assist the senior leadership team in defining the strategic objectives for the North American fraud Analytics team ensuring alignment with the broader FC&FMG objectives.
- Provide insight and recommendations to our business partners on emerging trends in machine learning capabilities especially in the fraud detection and prevention.
- Provide insight and guidance to fraud loss prediction needed for reporting to key governance committees
- Develop and Maintain productive relationships with key business executives, both internal and external to the organization, such as Risk Management, Model Validation, Product groups and external vendors
- Support the development of business cases for fraud mitigation initiatives and perform post-implementation tracking to ensure that targets are attained
- Develop repeatable and consistent processes for fraud intelligence reporting and participate in threatlandscape and industry trend discussions and forums.
- Attract, motivate and retain a highly diverse qualified and engaged team to fulfill current and future business needs
- Develop and manage a team of professional resources by recruiting, training and conducting performance assessment of team members.
- Provide leadership to attract/retain high quality resources, including appropriate employee communication, sound structure/processes, succession planning, etc.
- Coach team members and provide ongoing feedback to ensure achievement of business, department and individual goals.
- Liaise with industry partners and consortiums to design and deliver industry insights for TD Bank to maintain our competitive edge
- Clearly articulate the strategic vision of the group to stakeholders and solicit input and support where applicable
- Superior analytical abilities that enable complex problems to be broken down into simple understandable components
- Prior experience (at least 8years) in Retail and/or fraud related fields would be an asset. Experience in leading an advance analytics group that leverages large amounts of data to provide data insights
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong people leader with demonstrated experience in identifying and growing talent
- Demonstrated experience in leading change and making an impact in cross-functional groups, through influence and strong relationships.
Education and Accreditation:
Graduate Degree in a Science or Mathematical related discipline
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank
- Direct, train and develop staff to enable them to meet challenges, department objectives and achieve full potential
- Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to the team, thus maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation and morale
- Work with Human Resources to recruit staff with the correct level of skills and competencies, adhering to the Bank’s recruitment procedures and best practices
- Manage the performance of the analysts ensuring staff have clear pre-set objectives and get regular feedback on their performance
- Initiate actions to further improve your own and the team skills and performance
- Continuously look for opportunities for professional development
Normal business hours