Senior Test Automation Engineer
Ideal candidate will have a software development/coding or test automation background, and a good working knowledge of manufacturing business processes. Knowledge and background on Plex Manufacturing Cloud is a plus!
Knowledge of .NET platform and C# programming language, Selenium WebDriver, BDD tools (SpecFlow), Gherkin, and GIT (version control system) are needed to be successful.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer will work with QA Management, and the onshore/offshore test engineers to deliver our test automation goals. Development and creation of automation code is a job requirement. Engineer is responsible for the development of test scripts along with maintenance and enhancement of the automated test framework supporting a continuous integration environment with automated smoke and regression testing. They will ensure high test and code coverage, maintainability of scripts, reliability of equipment, and overall robustness of environment and solution throughout the entire development product cycle. Continuous support of overall software quality and testing with continued refactoring of scripts and test cases as requiredto enhance test coverage. Individual will work side-by-side with onsite Lead Test Automation Engineer to leverage our test automation framework, maintain and improve upon it, as needed. Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with developers and QA Engineers to identify candidates for automations and troubleshoot issues is required.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Code test automation scripts for web, web-services, and mobile applications.
- Develop, optimize, and enhance automation frameworks.
- Write, maintain, and execute automated test scenarios
- Influence and advise on test automation strategy.
- Perform automation code reviews.
- Map business and technical requirements into test cases and test scripts.
- Design, build, and maintain test automation infrastructure.
- Investigate and analyze test failures, report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Identify, analyze, and document complex defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas across the organization.
- Collaborate with developers and QA engineers to identify candidates for test automation.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications to determine its intended functionality and acceptance criteria.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ direct coding / test automation development experience.
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise working with .NET Platform and C# programming language.
- Experience with Selenium Driver, UI Automation, and BDD tools (SpecFlow.)
- API and Web Services (RESTful, SOAP) automation background.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience designing and working with multiple, diverse automation frameworks.
- Good understanding of Framework architecture.
- Experience working with GIT (or any otherversion control system).
- Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL language.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task day-to-day activities.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Development of test status reporting, and estimation on story tasks for scheduling purposes.
- Experience with ERP solutions; preferably Plex or other manufacturing focused solutions.
- Automation Team lead experience.
- Knowledge of ASP (VBScript) and ASP.NET (C#).
- Experience in automated testing of mobile application (Appium).
- Knowledge of cloud based automation platforms.
- Experience working in a continuous integration or AgileScrum environment would be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jira/Confluence.
- Experience with Jenkins would be a plus.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work.We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then applytoday. You’re what’s next.