As an Analyst in our Global Portfolio Evaluation Group (PEG), you will serve a key role in helping us better our clients’ financial lives by ensuring their portfolios are optimally positioned to achieve their financial goals and objectives. This means you’ll be working under the guidance of our Investment Policy Committee (IPC) to make critical decisions about the asset allocation most appropriate for each of our clients. You’ll serve as a consultant to our Investment Counselors by helping them navigate clients through their nuanced financial situations and explain how our portfolio recommendation meets their needs. Throughout the process, you’ll work closely with otherinternal departments, including Research, Service, Sales, and many others.
We strive to entrust team members with high levels of responsibility, give them resources to succeed, recognize and reward success, and accelerate the careers of exceptional employees. We make significant investments in our employees by offering extensive training opportunities designed to build both breadth and depth in each of our team members, including classroom teaching, on-the-job training, and ongoing mentoring to set employees on the path to a successful, lifelong career at Fisher Investments.
- Evaluate clients’ and potential clients’ investment objectives and financial situations to determine suitable asset allocations and benchmark recommendations, always putting client interests first
- Partner with and educate internal clients and colleagues so they get the most out of the PEG resource
- Provide expertise and assistance for new initiatives and ad hoc projects to support our goal of bettering the investment universe
- Review and formulate specialized solutions for clients and potential clients with unique financial and tax situations
- Analyze the appropriateness of clients’ and potential clients’ outside annuities
- Occasionally talk or meet with clients about portfolio evaluation matters to support Investment Counselors
What does a successful analyst look like?:
The successful PEG Analyst is someone who is not only comfortable taking ownership and accountability, but actively seeks it whenever possible. They are skilled at dealing with ambiguity and making client-focused decisions based on rationale consistent with our investment philosophy. If you have an analytical mind and love to educate others, this may be the role for you!
In addition to the core personality traits above, the ideal candidate also has the following skills and experience:
- Financial services experience and a strong understanding of investment and financial planning concepts
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analyticalskills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consultative approach
- Client-facing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under short deadlines
- Strong customer focus
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
Who is Fisher Investments?
We’re a privately-held investment management firm that seeks to better the investment universe by providing our clients unparalleled service, continuous education, and appropriate investment solutions, always considering their interest first. We manage assets within our Institutional, Private Client, International, and 401(k) Solutions Groups, and promote a performance-based culture with potential for significant career advancement.