Navigant Cymetrix unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today’s healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
Working under the general direction of the Managing Director and/or the Account Executive, the Senior Director, PFS serves as the primary liaison between the Revenue Cycle Operations teams and his/her assigned Client for all aspects of the Revenue Cycle. This position will be responsible for the proactive oversight of the Revenue Cycle process and maintain a successful client relationship and client strategies. In addition, this position will develop a deep understanding of the Client’s Revenue Cycle to ensure KPI’s and quality measures are met at both their assigned location and at EBO. This position will also supervise on site Project Supervisors and project staff. The Senior Director, PFS will monitor compliance with State and Federal laws and guidelines. This position will proactively identify opportunities for revenue cycle improvement initiatives and partner with the Client and EBO leadership to develop and execute these plans. The Senior Director, PFS will possess both technical and business skills to recommend, engage and manage their client’s strategic initiatives. The Senior Director, Physician Revenue Cycle will perform any and all job related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare access management, billing, finance and accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Physician & Hospital Revenue Cycle and related metrics and KPI’s.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy, using problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent strategic planning, management and implementation skills.
- Meet and anticipate Client needs.
- Well versed in developing and sustaining effective relationships with senior management & identifying opportunities within the client’s network.
- Deep leadership skills that can lead and drive change throughout complex organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading multi-disciplined teams to integrate their solutions & services.
- Direct implementation projects & liaise with Client Project Directors.
- Build & maintain relationships with key clients covering a range of business sectors.
- Provide insights to enhance delivery models & outcomes that meet their client's needs.
- Collaborate with implementation & development teams to enhance service delivery.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the governance model and meeting structure.
- Understand, meet and exceed set department goals.
- Gatekeeper of client site access.
- Responsible for special client projects.
- Apply legal compliance and compliance with client policies & procedures.
- Provide reports and statistical/analytical information for management and clients.
- Process month-end reports for Navigant Cymetrix and Client.
- Post payments, load business and transaction files as required.
- Promote Navigant Cymetrix values; overall team work and a positive work environment.
- Ensure appropriate contractual discounts are applied.
- Review adjustments and refund requests.
- Maintain continual communication with EBO to identify areas for improvement from client to improve productivity and results.
- Attend meetings with both the client and the EBO.
- A/R Analysis, including but not limited to: Bad Debt, Charity, Aging, Cash Collections, Payer Realization Rates, Credit Balances, Charge Capture, and CDM.
- Monitor unbilled inventory and work with client and EBO to ensure compliance with targets.
- Place and manage on-site employees as contract requires.
- Establishes and manages effective, consistent communication with assigned Entity.
- Identifies and address business needs; provides guidance and timely responses to questions and requests.
- Provides analysis and context for monthly performance data.
- Maintains ongoing issues and priority list for Entity and EBO.
- Completes analysis of issues for action, presents this information and assists the Entity implement action plans.
- Provides and implements plans to improve billing performance.
- Establishes and develops collaborative relationships with internal staff and EBO.
- Works with Managed Care Department for Underpayment Analysis.
- Works with EBO and Client to research and resolve denials.
- Upon identification of issues, researches issue to determine whether it is an isolated instance or a trend and follows up the appropriate Revenue Cycle Director or Systems Analyst team to facilitate communication and resolution of the issues.
- Attends and participates in committees and task forces as assigned.
- Hire, review, discipline and separate employment.
- Monitor and report daily/monthly productivity.
- Ensure Team Member compliance with Navigant Cymetrix and Client policies and procedures.
- Compile and forward Team Member timesheets to Navigant Cymetrix payroll for processing.
- Verify and monitor time off requests.
- Able to fill in for Project Supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management preferred, or High School Diploma with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with a healthcare provider or an outsourcing company on a senior management level.
- Has held a leadership role (Director or Manager Level) in a Physician Organization, preferably within a Faculty Practice setting.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required. Knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel is essential.
- Innovative, motivated & able to lead by example.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Professional, fast paced physician organization and hospital/office work environment.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at anotherlocation
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
Job ID 7980