What you’ll be doing…
The Senior Director, Practice Management is a sales leader, sales executive, sales professional. The Sr. Director guides Tableau Customers (Internal/External) through the Adoption Life Cycle by implementing the philosophy, strategy, procedures of the Global Services team. The Senior Director is responsible for management and oversight of the Services Sales Practice turning the internal engagement practices into action. The Senior Director will incorporate client needs, Tableau Adoption practices and capitalizing Tableau/Global development, engineering practices, and quality control to create ongoing process improvement. The Senior Director oversees the Professional Services team consisting of Practice Directors and Practice Managers ensuring excellence in salesmanship through customer focus, operational execution and a passion for driving a team to be successful. The Senior Director will manage strategic initiatives, including all processes and procedures for the practice team. The Senior Director will execute the mission and goals, processes, and methodologies in conjunction with the Vice President of Global Services. The Sr. Director will work closely with the sales team and customers to scope services engagements. The Sr. Director will be responsible for the hiring, development, retention, and management of the practice team globally. The Sr. Director will also be responsible to ensure the Global Services team is a collection of voices that work together to create one voice, one direction and coaches/mentors/guides his team to delivering on quarterly sales metrics. The Sr. Director must be able lead both from the side as well as engage directly to ensure the Global Services department executes its mission with the velocity to support the business plan. This position requires the capability for strategic and innovative thinking, along with the ability to drive execution through excellent leadership, the ability to build relationships, partner with peers across the company and communication skills varied by interaction.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Ensure achievement of the Revenue Targets of the Consulting Practice.
- Ensure that all Practice Managers/Directors hit the targeted quotas and attach rates and ensure a fair distribution of work.
- Drive in the services pre‐sales process with sales team, Practice leaders, and Delivery team to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and establish Tableau champions
- Review and approve project proposals (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) and SOWs prior to presentation to Tableau team and customer. This will require the Sr. Director to review/approve/negotiate legal contracts based on business terms while partnering with Legal on the final deliverable.
- Maintain and project a solid understanding of all Tableau product lines and corporate messaging
- Collaborate with the Customer Service, Finance and Sales Teams to Develop process and procedures to ensure that services can be sold efficiently and easily into our customer base.
- Partner with the Global Services Product Management team to develop and design Service offerings that can meet the needs of our high volume Commercial sales team and our higher touch Enterprise sales team.
- Establish relationships with Sales at all levels, provide strategic planning support on top accounts, establish cadence for ongoing Sales Enablement efforts and Adoption plans
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and go to market planning of the Global Services business unit
- Operational tasks include but not limited to: weekly forecasting, Quarterly Business Reviews, Sales/Partner/Customer presentations
- Partner with the Global Services Operations and Delivery Leadership to develop a unified approach and ensure coordinated and informed selling motions through the entire customer lifecycle
- Partner with the Global Services Partner Team to insure that the Practice team is actively involved in the pre‐screening process, the onboarding, and finally the continued growth of the channel
- Leadership and management of the Practice Management team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management varied by role type
Who you are…
- Performer. 5+ years’ experience in customer‐facing positions as a professional services director or practice manager with a software company consulting organization
- Amazing Salesperson. 10+ years of relevant Salesexperience, preferably in a Software company
- Energy and Enthusiasm.Experience in a fast‐paced, startup (or startup‐like) environment and experience building teams is essential.
- Technically Savvy.Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Experienced.Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred. Experience managing a global team – respecting cultural/regional differences while implementing change
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!