Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year, we provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
Purchases materials or other goods and or coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies. Accomplishes results through lower-level subordinate supervisors or experienced exempt employees. Directs subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed on completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Interprets and executes policies that affect subordinate units. May head a centralized function. Functions as unit advisor; involved in daily operations onlyto resolve complex problems or meet schedules. Frequent contacts with internal and external individuals at all management levels. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings related to specific operations.
- Manages the procurement process, including planning, development of bid lists, order formation and issuance, claims resolution, administration and closeout in support of projects or other operating requirements
- Participates in or leads project supply management strategy development and implementation and may be assigned as the supply management project lead
- Identifies and advises project and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders
- May participate in internal and external supply management presentations
- Accountability: Accountable to the Procurement Department Manager, Project Management and/or the designated Supply Management managerial lead
- Effective execution of company policies and procedures relating to procurement (including but not limited to, safety and ethics)
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of order negotiation and administration activities
- Fulfillment of procurement requirements during project performance
- Effective supervision of change activity to assure adequate protection of the company against potential supplier claim
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting and corrective action.
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management, customers, support organizations, and project team members
- Works with and sometimes directs others in Supply Management regarding implementation and support of Supply Management programs and procedures
- Works with project personnel and material control to plan and support Supply Management execution for the project
- Coordinates with Project Management, Construction Management, Business Development, Legal, Finance and Insurance during project execution
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company procedures
- 8+ years' of relevant experience required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Bachelor's degree preferred