Title: Business Analyst
Location: O'Fallon, MO 63368
Duration:12 - 18 Months
The Business Analyst is a member of the Scrum team that works very closely with the Product Owner and other outside stakeholders to perform analysis on business needs and to document and communicate business, functional, and technical requirements as stories.
They may also work with the Product Owner and otherScrum teammates on requirements analysis, logic flows, training/help documentation, and fill in for the Product Owner and Scrum Master when they are not available. And above all, the team should be able come to this person for clarifications on requirements
- Expert and go to person on business requirements and functionality for stories that have been committed in a sprint.
- Create and maintain stories in requirements tool.
- Create acceptance criteria for stories in requirements tool.
- Participates in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Leads Sprint Planning sessions.
- Directs teams on what stories to work on for each sprint. Bases this on projects plans, external stakeholders, and input from the Scrum team.
- Maintains the backlog for the Scrum team.
- Validates stories have passed all acceptance criteria on behalf of or with the Product Owner/Manager.
- Production validation on behalf of or with the Product Owner/Manager.
- Creates and updates training documentation when needed.
- Provide advanced business knowledge and technical support for business requirements development.
- Work closely with analysts, developers and product owners in identifying data and functional requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
- Ensure development objectives are accomplished; user testing is performed; and member notification is prepared in a timely fashion.
- Consult with Product Owners on projects.
- Document and coordinate changes and enhancements of products and services. Prepare and/or present documentation of business/technical presentations.
- Provide technical support for the member(s) to ensure adherence to requirements.
- Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility; work with Software Engineers to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Advanced degreepreferred.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Prior Business Analyst, System Analyst, or Product Owner experiencerequired.
- Scrum Master or Project Management experiencepreferred.
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) experiencepreferred. (Not required)
- Experienceworking withDigital Marketing preferred. (Not required)
- Experienceworking with websites preferred. (Not required)
- Experience with API's/services preferred. (Not required)
- Applies advanced knowledge and extended expertise of principles, theories and concepts, plus advanced knowledge of business or function, usually acquired through five to eight years of experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of AgileScrum
- Expert in story writing including acceptance criteria
- Proficient in requirement documentation tools like Rally and Jira.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Requires little supervision.
- Good leadership skills