Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. The individual selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a a passionate, experienced, Strategy and Business Development Senior Manager (SBDSM) for the Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) business segment. The SBDSM will lead the formulation of strategy and business development for the Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) business. This includes cultivating key U.S Government and International customers and clients, developing and leading capture teams for new programs and business ventures, managing the segment's annual investment funds, and leading the development of long range strategic plans. Requires strong leadership and communication skills and an ability to rapidly grasp advanced technologies and how they may be applied to satisfying customer requirements. An ability to work both independently and within highly motivated teams is required. Experience in business development, systems engineering, undersea vehicles, and in understanding government contracting procedures and business development methodologies, including bid and capture strategies is strongly desired.
The Autonomous Undersea Systems (AUS) business segment is one of three business segments within General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) Undersea Systems (UDS) business area. AUS is a strategic growth business segment for UDS, focusing on Unmanned Undersea Vehicles (UUV). The SBDSM is a member of the Business Development function in the Maritime & Strategic Systems Line of Business. The SBDSM will support the AUS Business Segment Director, working in tandem with the AUS Sales Senior Sales Manager and the AUS Senior Marketing Manager.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Business Development Manager will work to enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The position is the business development lead responsible for developing and executing business captures in support of growing our market share within the Autonomous Undersea Systems market. The candidate will work with customers and industry partners and draw upon the broader capabilities of GDMS to be successful. Knowledge of Undersea Vehicle technologies and government, academic, and Industry participants in the developing UUV defense and commercial markets is strongly preferred.
Proven operational and/or business experience with the US Navy UUV and submarine community, including PEO Submarines (PEO SUB), OPNAV, and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) is preferred. Requires a technical background to ensure technical decisions can be vetted to ensure optimal solutions are presented to potential customers. This job is both strategic and tactical, and requires substantial leadership in opportunity capture and business strategy/vision as well as an ability to work independently.
- Advises the AUS Business Segment Director and the UDS Strategy and Business Development Director (SBDD) on growth strategies, and management of resources for future program procurements.
- Leads and manages the capture process for specific opportunities within the AUS market
- Identifies and recommends new business opportunities.
- Formulates strategies and plans to acquire new business.
- Assists in the development of short and long-range business forecasts, sales plans, and marketing plans.
- Performs administrative, analytical and research activities in support of the business development and acquisition, strategic planning, proposal development and/or marketing services functions.
- Assists in gathering data on competitors and analyzes their prices, sales and methods of operation.
- Analyzes and researches customer information, product/service preferences, market size, penetration, marketing practices and trends.
- Identifies and wins new business to meet the established business growth goals. .
- Exercises creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Delivers innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers' changing business needs.
- Follows industry trends and pursue technology innovation to ensure GDMS' services are cost competitive and superior to industry best practices.
- Participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
- Create a culture of team success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- 40% travel with ability to conduct business independently and professionally both domestically and internationally throughout sales territory.
- The position will be home-sited in Quincy, MA.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations. Bachelor's Degree in a technical field with additional military or government service in undersea technologiespreferred. Requires strong leadership and communication skills and an ability to rapidly grasp advanced technologies and how they may be applied to satisfying customer requirements. An ability to work both independently and within highly motivated teams is required. Experience in business development, systems engineering, undersea vehicles, and in understanding government contracting procedures and business development methodologies, including bid and capture strategies is strongly desired.