Clinical Services Therapist -Full-time
Position Purpose: Directs and coordinates the integration of the social services function in patient care. Directs patient care functions: providing individual, family and group therapy, completing social assessments, participating as an active member of the treatment team in formulating treatment plans and establishing discharge plans with patients, including family members when appropriate.
Directs communications and involvement with physicians, referral sources, community service agencies, businesses, employers, schools and healthcare facilities/organizations. Ensures compliance for quality patient care and compliance with The Joint Commission standards, CMS, state health department, and all other regulatory standards.
Participates in business development activities as needed or indicated.
Position Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Position Supervises: None. May assist with functional supervision of Interns and Graduate Students
Interpersonal Relationships: As a representative of Springwoods Behavioral Health, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct affect on the facility’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patients, family members, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Ability to work effectively with adolescent, adult and geriatric populations. Understand, monitor and ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and all entities of accreditation.
2. Timely, thorough and accurate interpretation of patient related information as related to functional performance.
3. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required to communicate and interact with patients, families, physicians, hospital staff, and the public.
4. Thorough understanding of and willingness to work within established practice standards and licensing limitations. Interpret mission, policies and critical events. Effectively communicate those interpretations to staff and foster climate that promotes continuous improvement and excellence in client care.
5. Clear, concise and timely documentation skills.
6. Must have interpersonal skill sets to work with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
7. Good knowledge of hospital operations, nursing operations, principles of risk identification, assessment, and claims management.
8. Excellent organizational and time management skills are required to copy with complex schedules and fluctuations in census.
9. Ability to work in behavioral health environment and observe the standards of care needed for patients.
Licenses or Certifications: Current licensure by the State of Arkansas. LCSW, or LMSW certification required; LCSW preferred.
Total education and experience: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field. Three (3) years experience in a behavioral health environment preferred.