Support, reinforce and strengthen training, compliance and sales efforts in assigned area of the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, coach and direct the efforts of the branch manager, inside sales staff and outside sales staff to achieve sales and profit performance goals. Review call reports and dashboard (sales data) of assigned sales personnel regularly and offer feedback.
- Assist branches with marketing initiatives, showroom displays and retail sales efforts.
- Review and understand the Standard Operating Procedures, Human Resources, Safety, and CU Reference Manuals.
- Provide training and conduct audits on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assess need and provide training on all branch operations (CU, Dashboard, eBusiness, Airgas University, etc.)
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gas business and new product supply agreements. Increase sales and total gross profit.
- Ensure all customers within area receive quality customer service from company associates, penetrating existing customer base with all product lines and product normally inventoried by region.
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled.
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge and ensure existing customers are current on new products and processes. Ensure sales representatives maintain and upgrade their skills.
- Assist assigned sales representatives and customers with equipment set-up and demonstrations, as necessary.
- Review and approve sales commissions on a monthly basis. Set, revise and communicate sales quotas as necessary to accommodate new assigned accounts, national accounts, and changes in assigned customers from one sales representative to another.
- Coordinate with and inform others within Region, as required, regarding follow up opportunities on current and potential new customers. Keep Area Vice President advised of coordination efforts.
- Represent company at approved trade association meetings to promote products.
- Prepare periodic sales reports, showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client-based expansion.
- Ensure that disciplinary issues and performance deficiencies are properly discussed, documented in a timely manner, and forwarded to individual’s personnel file.
- Communicate with Area Vice President regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Communicate with the Safety Department and the Human Resources Department on issues, as relevant, keeping the Area Vice President informed of these issues as well.
- Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly enforce safety rules.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as required.
- Work safely and meet the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or combination of education and related experience and/or training. Minimum five years related experience, preferably in the welding/gas industry. Minimum three years experience should be in successful management of a sales team. Negotiating and selling skills required. Must have an intermediate to proficient working level of experience with Microsoft Office programs. Must be able to perform data entry in a computer and extract information on orders.