Senior IT Auditor
Our client is a market leader in the Insurance industry and provides niche products and services to consumers and businesses alike. They wish to hire a Senior IT Auditor with a balance of technical and auditexperience. The ideal candidate has worked in an application development role or a related support function.
The Senior IT Auditor collaborates with business and IT management to conduct audit interviews, assess risks, develop test plans, gather and review evidence, completely and concisely document audit activities, and write articulately to communicate audit results to senior management.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Participate in complex audit projects: Works with teams under the direction of the Audit Manager
- Works with the business and audit engagement teams to gain an understanding of IT processes that support key business objectives
- Identifies risks and controls, develops test plans, gathers evidence
- Independently evaluates the design and effectiveness of controls
- Completely and concisely documents audit activities
- Build relationships with business leaders and managers: Collaborate with business leaders and managers to understand strategy and risks and then advise on the control structures necessary to manage risks.
- Develops and maintains productive, team-oriented client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
- Maintains awareness of significant changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Holds or intends to obtain related professional certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA
- 3 years of experience in a hands-on technology role such as application development or related support function
- 2+ years relevant business or Auditexperience, including documentation of business processes, risk and controls identification
- In-depth knowledge of the threats and vulnerabilities associated with business technologies
- Some exposure to working with data analytics
- Demonstrated ability in planning, project management, and leading staff
- Working knowledge of identity/authentication platforms such as Active Directory, RACF or Oracle Identity Manager
- Must be able to travel up to 20%